Friday, January 27, 2012

Fairy Bread Blanket

Remember this post? 

Well, that mum-to-be is now a beautiful mum to baby Ava Belle - and my, is she gorgeous! I cuddled her for over an hour the other day, and couldn't stop looking at her perfect little lips, and brown-peach-fur-like-hair. 

I love fresh babies, and was so excited for little Ava to arrive.  I worked with mum Cathie everyday at my old job, and saw that belly grow until full term, feeling the mighty kicks, and hearing plenty of stories about morning sickness, nursery's and baby bloomers.

When she arrived, it was like one of my sister's had, had a baby - pure excitement!

A much overdue post here, but this is the fairy bread blanket that I made for Cathie for her baby shower.

It was lovely to make - and I learnt how to do french knots - thank you Pip from Meet Me At Mikes, your craft books are fabulous, and I have made lots of little baby gifts from all of the pages for all the mother's I know.



*I've also made baby Ava a quilt for her arrival - using beautiful fabrics.  I was too excited to give it to her, so I actually didn't take any pics before I wrapped it - whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment