Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fisherman's Creek

A few weekend's ago, Jake and I took off to the beach for the weekend to go fishing and just relax. It was really lovely.

We drove out to Fisherman's Creek early in the morning, fishing supplies in tow (and one very cute vintage basket that I spotted on the side of the road in an antique shop - luckily Jake is used to turning car's around on cue to go back to shops I 'spot' as we drive past.)*

We just lazed around in the sun, and I read some books as Jake fished away.

We ended up driving back in to Yeppoon to have lunch, and a quick little look around, before we spent the afternoon fishing off the rocks at the beach. It was a perfect day, finished with an ice-cream on the esplanade.

I always find the beach so relaxing, and our new basket was definitely a hit - carrying my camera, towels, snacks and magazines for me to read.

* Have you ever found any great finds on the side of the road, or in an antique shop? Those Ray Bans above were a $5 find in a shop while I was at Uni. 

No comments:

Post a Comment