Monday, March 28, 2011

Community: Cooler than a cucumber

Living on college while studying full time had many perks, but the best was the constant supply of tv shows that were airing in America before they hit Aus.

Every Monday and Tuesday I would be ready to watch the many new episodes that we grew to love, and the list was a big as Kanye's ego.  How I Met Your Mother, Grey's Anatomy, True Blood, Gossip Girl, Man Vs Wild, and my two favourites, Mad Men and The Office. 

The Office is a pure delight, and I never thought that I would find something that gave me those laugh-out-loud moments where I had to hit pause so I could ring Bird to tell her all about it or alternatively, to run to the bathroom to pee.  That was, until Jake found, 'Community'. 

I am a little peeved at myself for not finding this gem while I was at uni, but anyhoo, Jake and I are completely hooked.  It's the best thing since sliced bread, I kid you not.

It's airing the second season as I type, so there isn't much catch up for you all who haven't witnessed this show, which is the epitome of television delight.

It's basically about a group of college dropouts/misfits/losers who enrol in a community college to make up for their life mistakes - in a nutshell.

Please, watch this bad boy.  It's so hip like a tortilla chip dunked in a salsa of The Office, How I Met Your Mother and Freaks and Geeks mixed into one.

You are guaranteed to laugh at least every 4 minutes.

Please watch all of the below.

1. Troy and Abed in the Moooooorning
2. Oh, Christmas Troy!
3. Krumping

* Jeff the main character has a rockin' bod
** I secretly am in love with Abed
*** I also want to be a regular on "Troy and Abed in the Mooooooorning"

No comments:

Post a Comment