Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beth, and all that jazz

Popcorn and I went out on Friday night. Common occurence you think? yes, we go out every Friday and Saturday night.  Sometimes for dinner, others for movies, and heck...sometimes it's both! Our small group of friends love to luncheon and wine and dine, and lately we have been amping those bad girls up to the max.  We are all quite aware that we will never live in the same town again, and we are taking advantage of our time together - naww.

Anyhoo, Popcorn and I went out for dinner using one of our cards again, and this time we hit up Bistro One. What a fabulous place it was.  We sat alfresco style, and enjoyed the usual chit chat while people watching as they scooted, drove and passed on by. 

The Jazz festival was in town, so we even got a little looksie and a preview at the wonderful jazz night life. I must say, it was beautiful to sit down, enjoy a lovely meal and a glass of red while listening to some jazz music.  Hurrah!

After dinner we strolled around Palmer Street, talking yet again, and then drove to Juliette's for some Gelato.  I had a lovely little treat of peanut butter and pistachio (my fav) and Popcorn enjoyed strawberry cheesecake... I also snuck in a choc chip cookie - why not? It was a lovely night, spent with the loveliest of company of course.

My weekend was definitely full of plenty of fun - we even made a little stop over to Magnetic Island on Sunday - stay tuned, that post is yet to come.


*Have I mentioned that I am quickly becoming a wino? I am very fond of a drop of red or two

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am very honoured that you included my name in the title. It was an amazing weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know when you read something absolutely horrible (We are all quite aware that we will never live in the same town again, and we are taking advantage of our time together - naww.) and your heart, and stomach, drops to the floor. Well that's how I felt reading that. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a small bit of clog in that photo??????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, maybe I should edit it to - "we are all quite aware that we MIGHT not ever live in the same town again" Because I'd like to think down the track that we will all end up together again. It's possible.

    P.s Sare, yes that is a hint of a clog haha those bad girls are worn out!

    ReplyDelete